GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
A B S T R A C T
School Education Department – Repatriation of the teachers working on deputation to their parent department and return from leave – Posting Orders to the teachers on return from leave - Modified Orders – Issued.
SCHOOL EDUCATION (SER.V) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.40, Education (Ser.V) Department, datd 07.05.2002.
2. G.O.Ms.No.1, School Education (Ser.V) Department, dated
3. G.O.Ms.No.38, School Education (Ser.V) Department, dated
4. From the DSE., Hyderabad Lr. Rc.No.3347/D1-4/2007, dated
O R D E R:
In the G.O.1st read above, rules / instructions have been issued relating to the powers and functions of the Head Masters of Primary Schools, Upper Primary School, High Schools, Mandal Educational Officers / Deputy Inspector of Schools, Deputy Educational Officer and District Educational Officer of the Department of School Education, under A.P. School Educational Sub-ordinate Services (AP SESS) Officers – Powers and Functions Rules 2002.
2. In the G.O. 2nd read above, Government have issued orders that all the teachers of P.R. / Local body schools who are repatriated from deputation or returning from long leave / E.O.L. shall report to the respective District Collector who will issue posting orders in accordance with the powers delegated in G.O.Ms.No.45, School Education (Ser.V) Department, dated 06.07.2007.
3. In partial modification of the orders issued in the G.O.2nd read above, orders have been issued in G.O. 3rd read above to the effect that the orders issued in the G.O.2nd read above shall apply only to the teachers repatriated / Returning from deputation. In other cases, the teachers returning from leave of any kind shall report and apply for posting orders to the Director of School Education, Hyderabad through the District Educational Officers concerned.
4. The Director of School Education, Hyderabad in his letter 4th read above has stated that as per G.O.Ms.No.38, dated 11.03.2008 the proposals have to be received from the respective DEOs which may cause considerable delay for issuance of posting orders and resultant gap period has to be treated as compulsory wait. Further if the place of posting is not agreeable amicable to the teacher, there is every possibility that the teacher would approach the Court of Law against the posting orders. The Director of School Education has therefore requested the Govt. to issue revised
// 2 //
orders empowering the District Collectors to issue posting orders to the teachers working in PR / Local Body Schools, who are returning different types from all kinds of leaves.
4. After careful examination the proposal of the Director of School Education, Hyderabad, Government in partial modification of G.Os 1st to 3rd read above hereby issue the following instructions / orders on the sanction of various kinds of leave and issue of posting orders on return from leave:
Competent Authorities for sanction of leave:-
A. Head Master of Primary and Upper Primary Schools:
The Head Master of Primary and Upper Primary Schools shall have the authority to grant Casual leave / Special Casual Leave only (Special Casual Leave when permitted by the Government) to the teachers of Primary and Upper Primary Schools.
B . Head Master of High Schools:
The Head Master of High Schools shall have authority to grant Casual leave / Special Casual Leave (Special Casual Leave when permitted by the Government) and also other types of leave ( Earned Leave / Half-pay Leave / Commuted Leave / Maternity Leave and Extra-ordinary Leave ) up to 4 months to the teachers working in their respective High Schools, subject to the condition that the teachers report back to the same school from where they went on leave and continue to work there.
C. Mandal Educational Officer:
The Mandal Educational Officer shall have the authority to grant Casual leave / Special Casual leave (Special Casual Leave when permitted by the Government) and also other types of leave up to 4 months to the Head Masters and other teachers of Primary and Upper Primary Schools in the Mandal, subject to the condition that the Head Masters and teachers report back to the same school from where they went on leave and continue to work there.
D. Deputy Educational Officer:
The Deputy Educational Officer shall have the authority to grant Casual Leave / Special Casual Leave (Special Casual Leave when permitted by the Government) to Head Master of High Schools; and also other types of leave for more than 4 months and up to 6 months to Head Masters and teachers of Primary Schools, Upper Primary Schools and High Schools, subject to the condition that the Head Masters and teachers report back to the same school from where they went on leave and continue to work there.
// 3 //
E. District Educational Officer:
The District Educational Officer shall have the authority to grant Casual Leave / Special Casual Leave (Special Casual Leave when permitted by the Government) and any type of leave to Deputy Educational Officers and Mandal Educational Officers up to 1 year; and to the Head Masters and teachers of High Schools, Upper Primary Schools and Primary Schools, for more than 6 months and up to 1 year, subject to the condition that the Head Masters and teachers report back to the same school from where they went on leave and continue to work there.
F. Director of School Education, A.P., Hyderabad:
The Director of School Education, Hyderabad shall have the authority to grant Leave of any kind of leave for more than 1 year and up to 2 years for High School Head Masters (including Mandal Educational Officers), Head Masters and teachers of Primary and Upper Primary Schools and teachers of High Schools, Upper Primary Schools and Primary Schools, subject to condition that the Head Masters / Mandal Educational Officers and Teachers report back to the same school from which applied leave and continue to work there.
5. The following further guidelines shall be strictly followed by all the concerned officers in the matter of sanctioning leave in School Education Department:
1. All Transfer of teachers in the School Education Department shall be done through annual counseling only; No transfer request shall be entertained and be given indirectly to teachers going on leave on medical grounds or some other reason outside the counseling system.
2. No posting shall be given in a leave vacancy caused due to leave sanctioned by the Head Master and Deputy Educational Officer unless the teacher concerned (on leave) fails to report back to the school from where she/he has proceeded on leave, within 15 days from expiry of leave.
3. In all such cases, where a teacher fails to join back after expiry of leave to the same school from where she/he had gone on leave, it is the responsibility of the concerned Headmaster and the Mandal Educational Officer incase of Primary Schools and Upper Primary Schools; and the Headmaster and the Deputy Educational Officer in case of High Schools, to immediately report the same to the District Educational Officer, within a maximum of one week from the date of expiry of leave.
// 4 //
4. The District Educational Officer shall thereupon, immediately send a notice to such teacher on leave, through registered post, to immediately report back from leave. If there is no response, and if the school happens to be a High School, the District Educational Officer may post an alternate teacher to that school, particularly where the teacher on leave is a Mathematics/Science/English Teacher.
5. In respect of teachers, who stay beyond the sanctioned leave period for more than 15 days, unless they have applied through Registered Post with Acknowledgement Due for extension of leave and the extension is sanctioned by the competent authority before the expiry of the initial period of leave, they shall be posted immediately without fail, only to a category IV location and the orders sent to the teacher by Register Post with Acknowledgement Due within 7 days from the expiry of 15 days.
6. Thereafter, it shall be the responsibility of the headmaster of the school to which such teacher is posted, to report within two weeks, whether such teacher had reported to duty. Such report shall be sent positively within two weeks from the date of issue of revised posting orders by the District Educational Officer.
7. If the teacher returning from leave fails to join duty within that period at the new schools,, the District Educational Officer shall serve a notice upon the teacher that “ The unauthorized absence will be treated as dereliction of duty; suitable disciplinary action initiated; and such period of unauthorized absence is liable to be treated as “Dies Non”.
8. Under no circumstances shall be a posting of choice, to a different school (other than the school from which the teacher had gone on leave; except where such location is in category IV), be given to a teacher returning from leave as per her/his request, since any such postings would constitute an indirect transfer, and would violate the “Counseling Method for Transfers of Teachers”.
9. Under any circumstances whatsoever, no requests for compulsory wait will be entertained from teachers not joining duty on expiry of leave as originally sanctioned.
10. It is the responsibility of every DEO and their office staff concerned, to continuously monitor applications received for sanction of leave and applications for orders of posting by teachers returning from leave; and promptly process and give postings (to Category IV location only) to such teachers, immediately on reporting from leave, within 2 weeks at the latest (where the post from which the teacher proceeded on leave is filled up).
// 5 //
11. All applications by teachers on leave for change of posting on return from leave, shall be made through Registered Post with Acknowledgement Due only. The District Educational Officer concerned and other officers of the DEO Office responsible for processing of posting to teachers, shall be liable for any delay in giving of such postings; and any payment of wages for the gap-periods ordered to be treated as compulsory wait by the courts of law will be liable to be recovered from all such officers of the District Educational Officer’s office concerned, responsible for the delay..
6. The Director of School Education, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad, shall take necessary action accordingly.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
C.B.S. VENKATA RAMANA
PRL. SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Director of School Education, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
All the District Collectors in the State.
All the Regional Joint Directors of School Education. } Through Director of
All the District Educational Officers in the State. } School Education.
All the District Treasury Officers in the State.
The P.S. to Minister for School Education.
// FORWARDED BY ORDER //